Monday, June 22, 2009

The Pot Calling the Kettle...


J-sin writes:


I am asian, but I feel black. Is that wrong?


My response:


Being black in America brings a wealth of love, opportunity, and dimension to our society. Members of the black community will be the first to welcome you in a loving embrace with open arms and educate you in all there is to know and value as a member of this boundless and courageous community.


With this is mind I would say, yes, you are wrong to feel black.


I'm not sure I'm able to point out what exactly it is about black culture that attracts so many diverse groups to it; its accepting warmth, its brave endurance, its brilliant creativity and ingenuity, etc. Whatever the source may be, too much outside influence will tarnish and pollute this beautiful group.


My advice to you would be to admire this celebrated group from afar and do what you can to advance and protect it, but it's imperative, that at all costs, you refrain from considering yourself an active member.


You are not black. You never will be. Any interest in French-Canadians?

1 comment:

  1. hahahah. "yes, you are wrong to feel black"...you tell her! i hear the french canadians love all

    ReplyDelete